OUR COMMITMENT TO Sustainability
As one of the organizations that has been engaged in the integrated palm oil plantation and its derivatives industry, Permata Hijau Group (PHG) commits in manufacturing high quality products and enforces its production processes by applying the principles of sustainability in accordance with the corporates vision and mission. Our vision is to be the leading and sustainable palm oil company by producing quality products that benefits the communities.
In order to bring benefits to the community and help improve the global climate patterns and reducing the negative impacts of climate change, especially Indonesia which have high levels of biodiversity , the Company is committed to managing the plantation and its derivatives industry in accordance with the principles of sustainability covering the aspect of Economic, Social and Environment.
I. Economic Perspectives
- - Practices good business ethics based on Company code of conduct and principles.
- - Complying to the National and International Law and Regulations.
- - Building Traceable and Sustainable supply chain.
II. Social Perspectives
- - Respect for human rights in the work place and/or to join trade unions, provide health insurance and applying SMK3 (Health and Safety Management System).
- - Continually improving the competence and welfare of all workers.
- - Respect the rights of the community as well as applying the principle of FPIC (Free Prior Informed Consent).
- - Responding to the inputs for the company consistently and transparently.
- - Implementing the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), that will have positive impacts towards the community.
III. Environment Perspectives
- - Comply with all the prevailing laws and regulations for managing the plantation area, and do not establish new plantation in the protected forest / High Conservation Value (HCV) areas.
- - Assessing High Carbon Stock (HCS) before establishing plantation area.
- - Increasing the usage of environmental friendly renewable energy in operation to minimize the amount of glasshouse gas emission.
- - Do not establish new plantation in peat land and those which has been planted shall managed in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations.
- - Implementing the waste management in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations.
- - Applying zero-burning policy during the development of new plantation. Whereby during the land clearing, the wood debris is stacked neatly and left to decompose for providing nutrients to the plants.
Copyright © 2015 Permata Hijau Group